David R. Rojas
Statement: The common threads that unite my paintings and subject matter are rich colors and tight composition. While my paintings owe an allegiance to a folk art style, they are neither folk nor primitive art. My paintings focus on lines coming together to form a balanced whole, a finished image that stems from a visual harmony pleasing to the eye, combined with a whimsical touch.
Recent Shows and Exhibits
- Red Mill Studio and Gallery, Carmel Valley Village, CA 93924
- Monterey Peninsula Art Foundation Gallery, Cannery Row, Monterey, CA
- Carmel Valley Art Association, at Valley Girls Gallery, Carmel Valley, CA
- Past President, Artists=Equity, Central Coast Chapter
- Advisory Board Member, Arts Habitat, Monterey, CA
- Past Vice President, California Watercolor Association
- Chair 2001 National Juried Exhibition, California Watercolor Association, San Francisco, CA
- California State University, Long Beach, CA, B.A.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA M.A.
- Saddleback College, Mission Viejo, CA, Art Program: Watercolor
- Classes by Tom Lynch, Zoltan Sazbo, Ron Ranson, Stephen Quiller, Gerald Brommer, Dale Laiten, Don Andrews, and Frank Webb
- Intensive Studies Seminar, Taos, New Mexico, by Skip Lawrence, Alex Powers, Fran Larsen, Katherine Liu, and Christopher Schenk, 2001
You can see David’s work at the Red Mill Studio and Gallery, 1 Center Street, Carmel Valley Village, CA 93924.